Re: [Therion] Help with a flowstone symbol for ASF.

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Help with a flowstone symbol for ASF.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:02:58 +0100

> The above are compiled into the therion executable in some way so that
> therion knows about those area symbols. If I want to override one of the
> above area symbols with my own metapost code I can do that by including
> the metapost code in thconfig.

Yes, you can override only existing symbols.

> But if the area symbol is not in the list above I can't just create
> metapost code for say "a_something_ASF" as therion will not know about
> it even if it's in thconfig.
>
> Is that right?

Well, symbol types/subtypes are in fact defined in
thpoint/thline/tharea.h/.cxx files. In metapost files, there is only
their visualization defined, therefore it does not help to define only
new metapost symbols.

> PS. It does not worry me if there is no option in xtherion GUI for selecting
> say an area 'flowstone' if I have an a_flowstone_ASF, as I can select say
> clay for an area and then edit
> the th2 file file with vim and change clay to flowstone.

Soon we would like to add some generic point/line/area symbols, that
could be used in cases, when desired symbol does not exists in therion.

Regards, S.