thug

Re: [Thug] Webpage, etc

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Thug] Webpage, etc
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:26:13 -0700

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 11:56:07PM -0400, Ryan Golbeck wrote:

> What else do we want to see on the webpage?  I'm not like an html or web
> guru or anything, but I can do the basic stuff.

I can always assist you with any HTMLish questions you have.

> Though, Jeff, from the html guidelines I see that they want
> index.html to be a symbolic link to another file, so there isn't
> really any real index.html files anywhere (unless I got that
> information from somewhere else and decided to just munge it into
> what I remember reading of the html style guidelines).  But cvs
> doesn't do sym links, so how do we go about handling that?

Umm - I think you create a file called 'symlinks' - I don't remember
off hand - It's in the savannah documentation (It's a local hack to
solve the problem)

> It also be cool if we could have some sort of meeting soon, just to kick
> things off sort of deal.

Do either of you know when/where the Toronto LUG meets?  I could see
if I could get a speaking op there, and that might make a nice first
formal event.

It would be nice to get together and hang out otherwise, too...

--
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.