tiger-user

[Tiger-user] Filtering some of tiger's outptu

From: Chris Niekel
Subject: [Tiger-user] Filtering some of tiger's outptu
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:19:56 +0100

Hi,

I've been using tiger for a while, and am starting to get frustrated
with the messages it sends. There are a lot of identd processes coming
and going, so I get lines like:
OLD: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `identd' is listening ...
OLD: --WARN-- [lin003w] The process `in.comsat' is listening ...

And in the next mail, there is NEW: and NEW: the sam entries. I assume
that these messages can be filtered (per process-name I hope), but I
have no idea how. Can anyone tell me how to do it, or what I should read
instead of bugging you?

Thanks,
Chris Niekel

--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.