tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] TIGER Manual?

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] TIGER Manual?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:51:30 +0200

Bob Hall wrote:
Are there plans to produce a TIGER manual? All I can find are the
README's, the man pages, and the message documentation.

Thank you.

Yes. But for the moment I'm focused on fixing all the bugs to make it usable. In any case, the following document, is a good read (I need to put a link to it somewhere in the package documentation but cannot redistribute it):

"The TAMU Security Package: An Ongoing Response to Internet Intruders in an Academic Environment (1993)" http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/134678.html available at http://www.net.tamu.edu/ftp/security/TAMU/tamu-security-overview.ps.gz

Once I finally make the 3.2 relase and squash all the relevant bugs. I will try to dedicated time to write a proper manual. Of course, help would be appreciated.

In any case, if you find something that it's not properly documented in the three sources you mentioned please say so. I have done my best effort to include (and put up-to-date) the documentation (that's why there are so many README files in the sources ;-)

Regards

Javi