tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] emails & tigercron

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] emails & tigercron
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:42:40 +0100

alex black wrote:

Which brings me to my point: for many, tigercron is fantastic - for
me, it has not been so fantastic so I stopped using it - it does
not send a complete audit because a complete audit is never done.
Given that my report process does not take very long, I wanted
soemthing that would just send me a full report with explanations.

Well, as you said, YMMV. Hopefully my previous explanation might help you out.

So, I have hacked up a cronjob that will do a full tiger run and
email the actual report file (by parsing the output from the run
for the path of the report).

Is anyone interested in this? If so, let me know and I'll happily
send along a copy (it has been a boon to me, and has made it much
easier to use tiger for my purposes). However, I must warn that
YMMV: I have a very specific configuration with a small filesystem,
and I'm sure on many systems that my cronjob would just disable the
box for 4 hours while it scans itself.

Sure, send it along. At the very least, I can add it to the 'examples' section for other people that (like you) don't like tigercron and rather have a different behaviour.

Regards

Javier