tiger-user

[Tiger-user] Tiger hanging on 'system specific checks'

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: [Tiger-user] Tiger hanging on 'system specific checks'
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:27:01 +0000

I'm running v3.2.1 on Ubuntu Dapper Drake. I know it's not the latest version,
but for ease of use
I'd like to stick with the version in the repositories.  Everything has been
left as standard as it
is in the ubuntu package.  If I run 'tiger -H' then it gets to the system
specific checks & then
hangs there.  Using top I see various programs with md5 in their name working
away, then they
disappear from top and it looks as though nothing is happening, yet tiger is
still sat there.  If I
look in /var/log/tiger, I see the start of an outpout file with a .tmp
extension.  The first time I
ran it the last entry in the file was 'checking installed files against
packages....' and a few
problems listed, the second time I ran it the last entry was 'checking md5sums
of installed files'.

I left it running overnight, so it's definitely hung - it's not just taking a
long time!

Any idea why it's getting stuck there or what I can do to find the problem?

Thanks.