Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any hope for small c++ compiler

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any hope for small c++ compiler
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:51:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> > Last time I checked I didn't really see any too active projects like
> > this.  The reason probably is that the c++ standard sucks enough that
> > it's impossible to trivially write a c++ compiler.
>
> C++ is _very_ complicated, so it will never be supported in TCC. Adding a
> subset
> of C++ is doable (classes with simple inheritance, operators), but I think it
> would not be very useful since you would not be able to compile "real life"
> C++
> projects.

100% agree with this statement. After a years of development you'll always
find some C++ feature(s) which will still be not implemented in tinycc.

My hope is that you'll stay on your work toward the ISO C99 compliance.

My usage: Comeau as a C++ compiler with TCC as a very fast and reliable
backend.

Thanks for your work,

Karel
--