Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:09:51 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Laurent DESNOGUES wrote:

> > I did not do much work on my private version - I am busy on a new (and
> > somewhat complementary) project :-)
>
>    You woke up my curiosity.  TCC++?

I hope not!

>    BTW, I am considering a port to PS2Linux which would
> of course require a MIPS back end.  Any hint about
> porting to other processors?

It doesn't seem to be too difficult from my reading of the sources.  As
long as the size of pointers and integers stay the same, it is mostly a
question of replacing i386-gen.c.  I guess you can ignore the inline
assembler and gas (tccasm.c, i386-asm.h, i386-asm.c) for the first few
releases of the port :)

tccelf.c has to be changed a little, but not much.

There are a few endian problems in the compiler that breaks
cross-compilation from a big endian machine to a little-endian machine for
the moment.  Probably the other way round, too.  Which endianness does
PS2Linux use?

-Peter

"Of course, I'm not unbiased, but in my humble opinion, I've
 gotten close to something that I can be really proud of."
 -- Knuth on The Art of Computer Programming.