Re: [Tinycc-devel] /* suppress this mess */ expr_land_const

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] /* suppress this mess */ expr_land_const
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 00:44:46 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> The problem is that constant evaluation for &&, || and ?: is handled in
> different functions than the nominal case. I find it less elegant and

Right.

> more error prone. Moreover, it does not allow some kind of jump
> optimizations in these constructs. I think that a generic dead code
> elimination system would solve this problem, but the challenge is to do
> it without complicating TCC too much :-)

Yes.

It is not something that is isolated to expr_l(and|or)(_const)?, it
permeates much of the parser (const_wanted flag), I see that now.

-Peter

"Of course, I'm not unbiased, but in my humble opinion, I've
 gotten close to something that I can be really proud of."
 -- Knuth on The Art of Computer Programming.