Re: [Tinycc-devel] C6x Port

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C6x Port
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:13:20 +0100 (MET)

[I didn't receive the email from Tom Kerekes that you are answering -- are
there still known 'issues' with the mailing list?]

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Thank you! Note that a small change in release 0.9.17 or 0.9.18 will be
> that function calls will be generated differently. The idea is to leave
> the function arguments in the 'vstack' and to let the processor specific
> stuff do all the argument packing and function calls. On i386 it will be

I'll look forward to that :)

> slightly less efficient (because if more than three arguments are used a
> temporary variable will be created on the stack before being pushed) but
> it will ease the porting of TCC on all other architectures and allow
> correct implementation of alloca(), gcc builtin functions and inlining.

Have you given any thoughts to tail call optimizations?

> Tom Kerekes wrote:
> > Fabrice,
> >
> > You should be able to get the current source at:
> >
> > http://dynomotion.com/compiler.html

Thanks, Tom :)

-Peter

"Of course, I'm not unbiased, but in my humble opinion, I've
 gotten close to something that I can be really proud of."
 -- Knuth on The Art of Computer Programming.