[Tinycc-devel] Segfault executable on FreeBSD 5.4

From: Brett Henley
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Segfault executable on FreeBSD 5.4
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:36:46 -0500

Hi everyone,

 I"m running FreeBSD 5.4-p1 with GCC 3.4.2
I built tcc 0.9.23 and it is great using -run, I have
wanted something like cint and this goes there and is
even better. So hurrah and thank you everyone who
has worked on this.

 There is a problem however that I've been unable
to resolve on my own. If I compile a program even
simple like hello.c and try to run the -o or a.out file
I get a segfault and the core dumps. I have attempted
to use gdb but the symbols leave me lost.

I have noticed that building tcc-0.9.23 on linux,
-o and a.out files work just dandy.

Wherein using tcc to perform as a script engine is
terrific. I wanted to build other programs with tcc
as the compiler. But when configure tries to test
the compiler the executable fails and life sucks. ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.