tinycc.git (was: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: global 64-bit variables initiali

From: Detlef Riekenberg
Subject: tinycc.git (was: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: global 64-bit variables initialization)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 23:57:45 +0100

On Mi, 2008-11-26 at 16:08 +0000, Joshua Phillips wrote:
> Whatever happened to mercurialtcc on sharesource?
I never used hg before.
A while ago, I joined that tree and tried to sync patches from CVS,
but due to real life, i'm unable to sync it to a usable sate.
I suggest: rm -f

> > We are since recently working with GIT at
> >     http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git
> > Daniel has his own fork at
> >     http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc/daniel.git

I really prefer git.

Some changes, which i still want to have:
- seperate path for lib and includes, depending on the target
  (different api between linux and win32.
   configure scripts fail over header for both os in one dir)
  - /usr/lib/tcc/stdc/include
  - /usr/lib/tcc/win32/include
  - /usr/lib/tcc/posix/include
  - /usr/lib/tcc/???/include
  Same for libs

- startfiles for all supported platforms

- use a real prefix, to make a tcc crosscompiler work with the autotools

- assembler and linker is present, so a frontend (commandline handling)
  for as and ld (with optional crosscompiler-prefix) should be possible
  without big problems

- out of tree builds did not work before 0.9.24.
  I did not test current git

- cleanup the build process for posix and win32
  (configure / Makefiles / the batch file)

- coff for win32.
  (when possible to share code with the other coff output mode)

As example, how other compiler do this:
PCC ( http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se ) has subdirectories for:
- the target arch (codegen) and
- the target os (compiler configuration with an os dependant header)
  (startfiles, dyn-loader, ...)

http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/fisheye/browse/pcc/pcc

--

By by ... Detlef