RE: Versioning (was Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC 0.9.25 is out)

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: RE: Versioning (was Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC 0.9.25 is out)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:16:19 +0200

Anton,

It's ok to have a TCC_VERSION human readable but it's also *very* important
to have computer readable cste to adapt code depending on a specific version
if you (or someone else) have to support different versions.

#if defined(__TINYC__)
#if (__TINYC__ == 1)
/* 0.9.25 or below, XXX feature was missing, use YYY instead but with a
lower precision */
#elif (__TINYC__ >= 926 || __TINYC__ <= 928)
/* XXX was implemented but hangs if argument is negative ... */
#else
/* 0.9.29 or above, XXX is fixed for good */
#endif
#else
/* ANSI C default behavior */
#endif