[Tinycc-devel] Symbol collision for function error

From: Andrea Fazzi
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Symbol collision for function error
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 22:22:11 +0200

Hi all,

I wonder if is planned a fix for the issue described in the first
part of the post below:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-04/msg00007.html

I'm developing a ruby binding for libtcc and I've got the same issue with
the "error" symbol. Fixing the Makefile as indicated in the post solves the
problem.

Why that patch is not in the mob branch? Is a glibc problem?

I'm using gcc 4.3.2 and glibc 2.7.1 on an ubuntu linux box.

I compiled tcc with the usual:

./configure && make && sudo make install

Then I compiled and installed libtcc as a shared object issuing:

gcc -shared -o libtcc.so libtcc.o
sudo cp libtcc.so /usr/local/lib/

Thanks in advance.
Andrea