Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC with another architecture

From: tony
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using TCC with another architecture
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:24:17 -0400

Mensaje citado por Andrew Mofid Botros Boktor <address@hidden>:

> HI all,
>
> we developed a modified version of a RISC processor, we have an
> assembler for it. Is there a possibility to port TCC to compile C code
> for the new architecture?
> If yes, then can you point me to the right place to start?
>
> Thank you
>

> Andrew M. B. Boktor
> address@hidden                (Jabber/GoogleTalk)
> http://andrewbotros.blogspot.com

Hi Boktor

Yes, you can. The code generator is clearly separated from the front side C
language parsing. It is explained in the developer documentation, maybe
uncomplete but useful anyways. Each processor arquitecture is written in a
separate C file. See c67-gen.c, arm-gen.c and i386-gen.c as examples.

Antonio Diaz Zamora