Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc version 0.9.25 under Windows XP: "-static"doesn't

From: Wenzel
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc version 0.9.25 under Windows XP: "-static"doesn't work at all
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:07:16 +0200

 Hello Timppa,

thank you for your quick and valuable information.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve my problems.

It seems not a big problem to get the mentioned archives, as they are part of the mingw distributions (But see below!).

I copied all the archives which have a .def-counterpart in "...\tcc\lib" into this directory and called tcc like that:

tcc -static -Le:\tcc\lib -lgdi32 -lkernel32 -lmsvcrt -luser32 test.c -o test.exe

This again yielded:

tcc: undefined symbol 'puts'
tcc: undefined symbol 'exit'
tcc: undefined symbol '_controlfp'
tcc: undefined symbol '__set_app_type'
tcc: undefined symbol '__getmainargs'

Or, is it this?

"On the object file level, currently TCC supports only the ELF format, not COFF as used by MinGW and MSVC. It is not possible to exchange object files or libraries between TCC and these compilers."

If so: where (or how) can I get the archives in the ELF format?

So far as my own library is concerned I did exactly as you are suggesting: undefined symbols!

Regards

Werner