[Tinycc-devel] tinycc fails to build mksh because of bound check

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc fails to build mksh because of bound check
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:42:52 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry but this mail is to make another bug report. I've been notified a
bug about tcc failing to build mksh some time ago [1]. I wanted to fix the bug
myself, or at least find the bug to avoid putting all the burden on you.

I first thought it was related to link failure of global variable due to a
misuse of gdb (I performed a print sys_siglist instead of a print &sys_siglist
which gave me 0). But finally, I found it was related to bound check code.
Indeed, when disabling the code the compilation works like a charm. There was
a lot of bound_add_ptr and other functions related to bound check. I guess one
of the function return a bad result or simply do something wrong by accessing
a zone out of bound (which would be quite paradoxal).

Anyway, I feel I won't be able to help much on this problem but I'll try to
take a look maybe next WE. For this WE I'll try to handle the aliasing of math
functions [2] and if it's quick to fix I'll also take a look to the function
array problem [3].

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme

[2] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2010-08/msg00039.html