Re: [Tinycc-devel] configury (was const_wanted)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] configury (was const_wanted)
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 21:38:44 +0200

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Anyway I pushed some patches so you can have crtprefix1:crtprefix2.
Note that it's also sysrooted.  I don't know why you changed that.
Did I? When? I was probably not careful enough.

No, it seems you wanted to fix something.  It's just not
clear what:
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/5e954fe

I've looked your commit quickly but I mostly notice the "Oh Deer!" in the commit message. I may have insisted too much on it. It's indeed a bit more annoying but I already sorted out the correct dependency to work without this in the next upload.

That comment was not about you at all.  It is about gcc, a compiler
which as we know can solve any problem, even those of distros with
packaging.

So I'm very pleased to have this commit but if it really annoys you then revert it.

There is no reason for me to revert the commit even if you now decide
that you don't need it because if not anything else it still makes
tinycc 6 lines tinier.

    $ git log --stat
    commit e844fb11c25293ba346a3470fa4ca33184770538
    libtcc: support more than one crtprefix
    [...]

Anyway, thanks again for your work. I'm happy to see I'll be able to drop all the patches currently in Debian.

Btw, does 'i386-tcc hello.c' work on your x86_64 system?

Thanks,

--- grischka