Re: [Tinycc-devel] Github

From: Karl Skomski
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Github
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:10:06 +0200

> Apart from that: does github have kind of like mob branches by default?
> Because, quite frankly, that's the only reason I contributed anything,
> however small, back to tinycc.  If it hadn't I still would have had fun for a
> weekend fixing tcc, just > > > without anybody gaining anything from it, as
> my patches would have never seen anybody else, and nobody would have seen
> them.

Github makes it easy to collaborate with public visible pull requests.
http://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/

> Higher google rank,
>> Huh?  So you think google is giving points for github, but not for
>> repo.or.cz (the best), or gitorious or any of the others?  Proof?

Github makes it easy for Google to index the important information.
Good SEO overall :D

> nice readme,
>>  Doesn't write itself, no matter the VCS.  So how does a new VCS magically
>> help?

Github makes the README prominent readable on the "front-page" of the
repository. Much less visible with repo.or.cz

Public visible fork networks: https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/network

> etc.

You could use Travis.CI (http://travis-ci.org/) as continuous
integration service.