Re: [Tinycc-devel] question about bit-fields

From: Didier Barvaux
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] question about bit-fields
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:47:47 +0200

> > Is there an option or a declaration to make tcc compute the expected
> > length for unsigned-int-based bit fields?
>
> No, there isn't.
>
> AFAIK the C standard says this is implementation-defined.
> For portability don't use bitfields.

Thank for your answer. I see the problem. I added a check for this
compiler's behaviour in my configure script.

The code of my example is a reduced version of struct iphdr defined
by GNU libc's netinet/ip.h. It means that every programs using the
GNU libc's IPv4 header (or its BSD variant) cannot work fine if built
with tinycc.

Regards,
Didier