Re: [Tinycc-devel] Suggestions for test2/* tests

From: Milutin Jovanović
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Suggestions for test2/* tests
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:59:02 -0400

1) tests2/LICENSE specifies this. Did you miss this, or did I not understand your comment?

2) Good point. "make test" without failures should be a baseline for a release. However I thought I already did that (mostly). Nevertheless, I further adjusted the tests, both tests and tests2, and now "make test" passes on my osx and linux machines. I need some help with Windows tests on the other hand... (see below)

Quick status:

OSX: all tests that make/use executable files fail due to lack of Mach-O file support.

Windows: I rarely use Windows, even less often MinGW. I had to disable many tests for it to 'pass' without failures. However this can easily be my lack of experience with the platform. I would greatly appreciate if someone can try other tests on Windows and report their results. (you need to enable tests in the test/Makefile and tests2/Makefile)

Linux: seems to be the most stable platform, and most tests pass. I use ubuntu, so if your results differ please give me some details. My (virtual) machines are:

Ubunty 32 bit:
$ uname -a
Linux tools-lin1 3.0.0-16-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 14 12:49:42 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Ubuntu 64 bit:
$ uname -a
Linux tools-lin2 3.0.0-12-server #20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 16:36:30 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Miki.