Re: [Tinycc-devel] test failure on Linux

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] test failure on Linux
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:52:13 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Oh crap. Can you tell me whether there is still a libc.so.6 in /lib?

If yes, then I could replace the ldd call by something like ls /lib/**/libc.so.6 (of course it would not be ** since it's not bourne shell)

Don't know right now but it works fine without anything set,
just from the defaults in tcc.h.  Anyway I'd suggest to stay
conservative for now.  That is to make a more or less static
assumption about mulitarch.  For example you could add the code
that you had in tcc.h previously, into conftest.c, such as

    case 't':
        printf("TRIPLET_ARCH "-" TRIPLET_OS "-" TRIPLET_ABI\n");
        break;

Or you do still something with ldd and sed but it's risky.

In any case, then check whether the guess does make sense, for
example whether there is
        /usr/lib/guessed-MUA/crt1.o.

If not, just do nothing.  Exept on old x86_64, you could
set lddir=lib64 if it exists.

Previously we handled this cases in Makefile:

        "i386-linux-gnu"
        "i386-kfreebsd-gnu"
        "i386-gnu"
        "lib64"
        "x86_64-linux-gnu"
        "x86_64-kfreebsd-gnu"
        "arm-linux-gnueabi"
        "arm-linux-gnueabihf"

Which seemed to have worked for everyone except for the empty
MUA-dir case from the OP (Ramsay).

--- grischka