Re: [Tinycc-devel] va_* broken on x86-64: any volonteer? (fwd)

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] va_* broken on x86-64: any volonteer? (fwd)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:26:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

[resent because my work email is not subscribed here :-/]

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:

> That's because GCC doesn't have any problem. The problem is in TinyCC. I
> was compiling mksh with TinyCC (I called it tcc in my initial mail) and
> it gave me linker error about undefined __va_arg if I remember
> correctly.

Are you sure it's not a bug in mksh, and in which version anyway?  The
stdarg testcases from the testsuite all work just fine.

I can also build mksh-R48b with tcc just fine:

% uname -a
% cd /matz/git/tinycc; git log --online HEAD^..
767410b Various Makefile fixes for cross-compilation
% ./configure; make; make test
... all works ...
% cd /tmp/
% tar xvf mksh-R48b.tgz
% mkdir mksh/build; cd mksh/build
% CC="/matz/git/tinycc/tcc -B/matz/git/tinycc/" /bin/sh ../Build.sh
Run the regression test suite: ./test.sh
Please also read the sample file dot.mkshrc and the fine manual.
% ./mksh ./test.sh
Total failed: 0
Total passed: 466

So, if you want anything fixed we'd first need to know what is broken,
e.g. a testcase ;)

Ciao,
Michael.