Re: [Tinycc-devel] C99 token pasting

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C99 token pasting
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:53:51 +0200

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
In the P() example, the warning is inappropriate.
In the Q() example, the result is wrong. We should get + and + as two
separate tokens, not the single token ++.

Fixed in mob.

Good, however note that the mechanism to perform token pasting
via
    tcc_open_bf(tcc_state, ":paste:", cstr.size);
is extremely slow and per se has a good share in making current
tcc about twice as slow compiling itself compared to 0.9.25.

Now I observe that (in self compilation) token pasting happens
3113 times,  however the fix (which as the comment suggests is to
improve certain cases of token pasting) runs similar code additional
22669 times.  This raises some questions.

--- grischka