Re: [Tinycc-devel] c extensions

From: mobi phil
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] c extensions
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 00:01:06 +0200

Sorry for not responding to this sooner. I have two suggestions. First, if you have not already done so, I recommend reading this book about Object Oriented C.

thanks for the recommendation, but I already went through this path. I found even more sophisticated approaches that inspired me. You did probably not follow my earlier posts about the topic, but decided to hack the tcc as just got stuck by the limits of the pre-processor.

It will likely give you all of the technical background that you need to implement what you want. Second, tcc is a one-shot parser. If you want any preprocessing, you'll need to implement that yourself.

well... that is kind of obvious ;) ... But I do not want preprocessor. Try to de-focus from that and focus a bit on the freedom of adding C "style" construct that would be much much more powerfull than any kind of yet another preprocessor hack.

So, really thanks, but I was really sitting on the problematics and please do not take it as I would be stubborn, but the most original solution to my problem would be to be able to add these extensions to tcc.

One of the reasons I put my project on hold is that lot of things are happening on the repo lot of code changes. Also I did not get clear feedback if I should care to stay in sync or fork, with other words such changes would be ever accepted upstream.