[Tinycc-devel] FreeBSD compilation issues

From: David Mertens
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] FreeBSD compilation issues
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:16:49 -0500

Hey everyone,

I've had a bug filed against the tcc built using my Perl Alien::TinyCC package. The poster claims that tcc cannot build viable executables on FreeBSD. I'm not a FreeBSD user and wouldn't know where to start, but I thought that tcc was supposed to build a viable executable on BSDs.

BTW, the current version of tinycc distributed with Alien::TinyCC is a bit out of date. I tried to update it a few months ago and the update broke things, so I'm sticking with an older version. When I have some time, I'll bring it back up to speed.

Does anybody care to work on this?

David

P. S. I've had tests against my package on MidnightBSD. My own patches indicate that we can get support for this system by adding a case for MidnightBSD that looks identical to the other BSD configurations in the vicinity of line 50 of the configure script.