[Tinycc-devel] Modified/broken resolution of include dirs

From: avih
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Modified/broken resolution of include dirs
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 00:45:05 +0000 (UTC)

According to its description, the recent commit "normalize inc dirs, symplify include_next"
should have normalized and simplified resolutions, but as far as I can tell it was not
intending to modify the resolutions.

However, as far as I can tell, it has been modified.

Prior to this commit, when building tcc itself (configure and make), after successfully
building the tcc executable (on windows for windows), it starts building libtcc1.a using
the just-compiled tcc.exe, and succeeded.

This process now fails for me (missing stddef.h for libtcc1.a), but if I revert
the two related commits (the one mentioned earlier and the stat.h fix), then the newly
compiled tcc.exe is used to successfully build libtcc1.a .

This happens for me both when the build dir is the main repo dir, and also when the build
dir is custom (e.g. <root>/build).

I do have some local not-finished patches to to improve the build process slightly on
windows, but they're relatively minor and should not be affecting this. Plus, the exact
same procedure works without the resolution normalization patch, so at the very least
it means the patch wasn't neutral.