[Tinycc-devel] Noob Questions about 64 bit systems

From: Patrick
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Noob Questions about 64 bit systems
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 10:16:45 -0400

Hi Everyone

Something is drawing me to TCC ! It has a lot of appeal to me.

It was nice to read Charles Lohr's post yesterday with his testimony :)

I am on a 64 bit system running Trisquel Linux.

I added export CC=tcc in my .bashrc

I have tried to compile other applications. Things aren't working. If I run configure, is it perhaps finding 64 bit packages that won't link properly with 32 bit TCC ?

Is there a workaround? If I made folders /usr/tcc/include /usr/tcc/libs do you think I could compile dependencies first and then tell configure to look there?

Do you think I am better off loading on a 32 bit computer?

If you would like the errors I can post but they seem to be integer related such as make check failing with errors about type long etc..

Thanks for reading-Patrick