Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny bit of lint

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tiny bit of lint
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 19:44:49 +0200

Grischka, I know rather well the magic of configure.ac.

In numerus projects I own, I use code like:
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG([-Wall],
                      [CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -Wall"])
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG([-Wextra],
                      [CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -Wextra"])
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG([-Wshadow],
                      [CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -Wshadow"])
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG([-Wunused],
                      [CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -Wunused"])

To detect what options CC supports.
With it, clang gives me false positive. i.e. configure pretends clang
supports an option which is then refused when actually used.
In case of tcc, we'll have to deal with scripts that have to test the exact
version of clang used and supported flags.