[Tinycc-devel] Location of libtcc1.a referred to in application deb file

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Location of libtcc1.a referred to in application deb file
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 13:25:41 +0530

Dear TinyCC developers,

Apologies if this query doesn't belong here.

I use tcc for compiling the C code generated at runtime in my application (github.com/shikantaza/pLisp). I build the application by linking to the tcc static library, and package it into a deb file using dpkg-deb. tcc is mentioned as a dependency for the deb.

When some users install the application and attempt to run it, they get the error "tcc: error: file '/usr/local/lib/tcc/libtcc1.a' not found". This file is actually found in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/tcc in their machine.

Am I missing something in building the deb package (i.e., is the location reference to libtcc1.a incorrectly hardwired into my application, since /usr/local/lib is the location of the tcc library in the machine where the dpgk-deb command was run)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Rajesh