[Tinycc-devel] "_winstart not defined"

From: k2tom
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] "_winstart not defined"
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:19:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi!..  I've been using TinyCC/TCC (0.9.25+) for, give or take, ten years now.
But I haven't used it for any "Windows" programs.  (Everything I use it for
is either EMBEDDED software or "simple" EXEs to do "POSIX-ish" things as
standalone executables.  As far as "embedded" goes, I love TinyCC because it
supports "proper" (at least as I understand them) CDECL semantics.  I.e., it
PUSHes argument for CALLs and POPs them (in the CALLER) on RETurn.  The GCC
suite seems to have given up on supporting (what I understand as) "proper"
CDECL years ago.)

I was "just curious" and I tried using TinyCC to build the Windows
"applications" from the "Forger's Win32API Tutorial" (a great (imo)
introduction to Win32 programming).  (Normally I use Cygwin GCC and/or MinGW
GCC to build these example programs.  But to get them to compile under
Cygwin GCC, I had to use the -mno-cygwin switch.. and that's been depricated
in Cygwin GCC.. so I'm left with only MinGW.)

But when I try building these examples with TinyCC, I get a "_winstart not
defined" error.  Any hints/ideas?

Regards,

Tom

--