tjais-dev

[dgAIS] Announcement: new tjais server version

From: David Nicol
Subject: [dgAIS] Announcement: new tjais server version
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:54:14 -0600

I live with two people, I like both of them,
He likes both of me and I like both of him,
They're my alter egos and to them I'm wed,
'Cos I'm happy I live in a split-level head.

We now have multiple personalities. Instead of having to log out and log back in,
multiple identities can now be associated with an AIS server session.

Furthermore, the /present/ phase now asks the user to click on the link back to the AIS client, instead of sending them there with a Location: directive. This means that AIS is no longer appropriate for doing client-side image selection, but that is no loss. An addition of a "img" or "png" standard AIS command would make sense.

The AIS::Client module on CPAN should work with the new server seamlessly,
as the only difference is that one step now occurs with explicit links instead
of a location directive, giving the user more control.

I have an access control list script that other things, such as a link forwarding system that keeps track of clicks and can be edited by the owner or their delegates, can be built on
easily.

--
address@hidden
Include phrase "cat and buttered toast" to get through my filter