tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: cwdaemon 0.2.1

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: cwdaemon 0.2.1
Date: 09 Mar 2003 10:17:05 +0100

Op zo 09-03-2003, om 09:08 schreef Wilbert Knol:
> Hello Joop,
>

> I believe you are a (co-) author of the cwdaemon code.
>
> When sending lines of CW text to the daemon, I noticed it seems to
> 'remember' previous lines, if they are longer than the current one.
>
> Example:
>
> vvvvv<ENTER>
> de<ENTER>
>
> ..comes out, in CW, as:
>
> vvvvv
> de vv
>
> Perhaps this is a feature, not a bug??

Hi Wilbert,

No it should not do this.

> The daemon work OK if strings sent to it are terminated with '\0'.
>
> I use:
>    cat > /dev/udp/localhost/6789
> ...to pipe stdin to the daemon.
>
> In any case, I decided to try and change this behaviour.
> The following lines were added into cwdaemon.c:
>
> int
> recv_code (void)
> {
>   /* ZL2BSJ mod: over-write array with \0's: */
>   int n;
>   for (n=0; n < 256; n++ )
>     {
>       recv_message[n]='\0';
>     }
>

> Anyway, I am bringing this to your attention, in the hope it may be of
> some use. Please review carefully...I don't really know what I am doing.

I will try to fix it. It looks like we should empty the buffer after
sending. I have discovered another bug which makes cwdaemon crash.
Hopefully I can do some work on cwdaemon this week.

Rein, if you feel this is urgent, please go ahead and fix it.

> Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have CC'd to the tlf development list,
so people know about your report.

Regards,
Joop PA4TU