tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] parallel port confusion

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Tlf-devel] parallel port confusion
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:36:12 +0200

I am looking into adding more parallel ports to cwdaemon.
Linux seems to support 3 parallel ports with io-addresses of:

/dev/lp0 = 0x3bc
/dev/lp1 = 0x378
/dev/lp2 = 0x278

See the Linux Printing HOWTO, chapter 3.

I have always thought that the first printer port (lp0) is the default
port, but this seems not the case. The default is lp1, using 0x378 as
an I/O address.

Depending on your hardware, lp0 or lp1 could be the default port.
Anyone have experience with this?

It looks like I need to change the default port in cwdaemon to lp1
if I am correct.

Joop