tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Test-driving 0.9.5

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Test-driving 0.9.5
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:01:23 +1300

Although I haven't used this version in anger, I had a play with it
last night. Suggestions (some of which I may have mentioned before, I
can't be sure):

1. Rig type 1901 (rpc rig daemon) does not work. The work-around is to
shut down the daemon (su -c "rcrigd stop") and let tlf drive the rig
directly.

However, I have another app that uses the rig, and being able to use
rpc rig would be really good. It should actually be easier than a
normal rig, as no hardware is needed (port and port speed).

2. My Linux console runs 100x37 mode, which means tlf (80x25) goes in
the top left hand corner, which looks a bit strange. Most Linux boxes
have seen use console resolutions better than 80x25 (all the ones in
the office do). I have set a boot option to get 80x25 VGA mode.

I guess changing tlf to fit 100x32, 100x37, 100x40 etc etc consoles
would be a major undertaking. I've had a sniff of this with my
home-brew logger, which doesn't have as many windows as tlf.

3. Tlf starts off at 20 WPM (the cwdaemon default) but picks up the
correct tlf default when I try to wind it up via the ALT-V window.

WIlbert, ZL2BSJ