tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Investigating cwdaemon choppiness (please help)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Investigating cwdaemon choppiness (please help)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:14:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

Martin OK1RR has reported chopiness with cwdaemon on several occasions. I
have debugged some of cwdaemon's latest code and found a tiny bug, which
would cause cwdaemon to always add one dot/dash space after every letter.
When I use this modified version of cwdaemon I can use weight 0 and it
sounds just fine. With the old version I would always use weight 1.
However, Martin still reports that he has to use a weight of 3 for a
reasonable sound. To be able to investigate this further I need your help.

Here are some questions if you use cwdaemon, please use the latest version
(0.7) if you can.

1) Do you experience any choppiness (bad dot/dash ratio, not 1:3), when
using cwdaemon?
2) At what speeds do you use cwdaemon?
3) What weight value are you using?
4) Do you listen to the PC-speaker or the sidetone of your transceiver?
5) If you use the sidetone, do you use the serial or parallel interface?

Thanks,

Joop PG4I