tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf and serial terminals. . .

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf and serial terminals. . .
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:50:48 -0800

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:33:16PM -0600, Jim Smith wrote:
> Anybody get tlf running successfully with a serial terminal?  I've got
> an old laptop I'd like to use as a serial terminal, because the monitor
> makes much less noise than my big color monitor.  I've gotten the serial
> lines setup, I can log into my big machine, etc., but the display for
> tlf lacks quite a bit.
>
> Am I just running into the limitations of using a serial terminal [in
> other words, 'it won't work']?

Although I haven't tried it, I've seen some messages in the past
indicating that using a serial terminal with ncurses can be tricky.
You need to assign the correct terminal definition to the serial
connection.  If you have a way of emulating a VT100 or similar on the
laptop, that might help.  Kermit might work also.

Bob, N7XY