tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:58:50 +0200

I have found the cause of the 'missing character syndrome', in fact I am now
able to reproduce it whenever I want.

When I send a 'message abort' to cwdaemon DURING a message, the message is
aborted.
When I send a 'message abort' to cwdaemon AFTER or BEFORE a message, the first
character of the following message is not sent!! It is displayed o.k. in the
debug routine but it is not sent. That is also the reason why Wolf did not
find it :)
You can simply reproduce the fault by typing  ESC  in tlf and then sending any
message... and watch cwdaemon swallowing the first character of your call...

I have stopped famd (why is that running anyway) and I have no bit errors any
more. Even at 40 wpm. Strangely enough, the CPU load monitor as well as the
memory map have not changed (still 94% idle in top and memory load 80% (no
swap)).

Tnx, this is a relief.... cwdaemon 0.8 is now as crisp as the mfj1278...

Rein Pa0R

--
address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com