tlf-devel

[Fwd: Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots]

From: Ed
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:48:01 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:19:06 -0500
From: Ed <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Rein and others,

The best fix I found was to look on page 18 of the fine manual and
simply type :spots or :cluster. Magic !!! I assumed that once connected
to the node via telnet the spots automagically showed in the window. Aha
you fooled another newbie...hi Sorry for all the confusion and I learned
a valuable lesson...RTFM

Hopefully you will be able to come up with a suitable color scheme for
the Gterminal. I did install KDE just to get to Konsole for now.

Now on to rig control and how to tell Gnome to give up F1.

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Ed W3NR

BTW: Is there any order to adding to the logcfg.dat, is OK to just add
to the end of the file ???

Rein Couperus wrote:

Ed, I have just installed UBUNTU on the shack computer, and I am experimenting with the colours under GNOME now. Problem is that the Gnome terminal treats colours differently form KDE (hilites). With respect to the spots, please look at the clock in tlf.... that has to be on GMT to show them!

I am sure we will get this thing cooked :)

Rein PA0R

Oh, and using the gnome terminal you have to tell gnome not to use F1 for help... you will need the key for calling CQ :)