tlf-devel

[Fwd: Re: [Tlf-devel] Pics and ask.]

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Tlf-devel] Pics and ask.]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:54:48 +0100

Here is the reply from Lada!
--
Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden>
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Pics and ask. Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:21:10 +0100 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803
Hi all,

I know that Lada, OK1ZIA has been doing some work on a USB interface,
which uses the native USB signals. I have seen the schematic a while
http://tucnak.nagano.cz/davac2s.ps

back and it did not look like a simple solution to me. Maybe Lada can
tell us what the status is?
I use chip from FTDI, FT245BM. Its' very similar to FT232BM. It works under Linux. But my goal is not to make simle interface. It is complex box with many functions for CW and SSB, Kenwood TRX control, band switching, paddle support ...

I think there are two ways to use FTDI chip:
-direct in bitbang mode. Chip has 8 outputs similart to parallel port. But I expect problems with cw keying. -complex with microcontroller. Cwdaemon sends only ASCII characters. Microcontroller can do morse keying with high precision. Some escape seqs can turn PTT, switch soundcard or controll TRX. All via one USB cable.

Basic functionality is working, it was tested in MMC in november. But here are some problems when you disconnected th plug from computer.

I want to make usable version until march but biggest problem is free time, here is too much interesting things to do :-(

73! Lada, OK1ZIA

--- End Message ---