tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] What am I doing wrong

From: Ed
Subject: [Tlf-devel] What am I doing wrong
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:01:26 -0500

I promised myself that after the no-spots fiasco, I would make a better effort at learning TLF. Well, I'm stuck. TLF defaults to the files in usr/share no matter what I do. I made a directory structure as shown in the help file and also suggested by Nate N0NB.In "/" I made a TLF directory with a sub-directory called arrlfd. In this directory I made a sub-directory called "rules" and placed the arrl rules there. In the "arrlfd" directory I placed the logcfg.dat and a arrlfd.log. I edited the logcfg to show the correct call...etc.

I open a terminal, cd to /tlf/arrlfd and do a "tlf -v" and it opens the logcfg in /usr/share everytime. I try tlf and get the same results. I'm sure that I missed something, somewhere, but don't have a clue where to look. I'm using a Debian based distro if that matters. Any ideas ?

Ed W3NR