tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] tlf-0.9.23 out for grabs...

From: pa0r
Subject: [Tlf-devel] tlf-0.9.23 out for grabs...
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:28:57 +0100

Hi all,

after getting reorganized from the last trip to EA I finally got some time to
fiddle with tlf a bit. The requirements (nice to have-) list had grown long
enough to warrant opening the can (tlf is putting on fat, and it becomes
scary to change anything). After being confronted with the choice either to
do 2004 taxes or some tlf I surrendered.

It was not so difficult after all... these are the goodies of version 0.9.23:

- New function: start cw before call is complete. In contest mode, you can
start sending the call from the call window with 'space' or with
'down-arrow'.
- New command: :CHAR asks for number of characters the call must have before
sending starts. Default: 0 = OFF. If CHARS is 3, tlf starts sending as soon
as you have input the first 3 letters of the call. If you are on slow speed
you then have time to complete the call (including backspacing) before
sending the first 3 letters is finished. This is of limited use when running
above 40 wpm :)
- incorporated patch from W9WI fixing a bug in the voice keyer.
- changed cw speed control: now default active in call and exchange fields,
even if field is not empty
- changed qso save logic: RETURN now always logs the qso in SSB and in general
qso mode.
- New parameter: CHANGE_RST. If set in logcfg.dat, Pg-up and Pg-down will
change RST instead of CW speed if field is not empty. Default: off.
- fixed nasty bug which caused CQDELAY to start at 0 instead of the default in
logcfg.dat
- manpage updated for version 0.9.23

I hope you will find some time for testing the new stuff... EU sprint is April
9th (SSB) and April 16th (CW). I hope to meet some of the EU users there...

73, and keep the fun going....

Rein PA0R

(Blog: http://pa0r.blogspirit.com/tlf_development)