tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.26 uploaded (bug fix)

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.26 uploaded (bug fix)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:37:56 +0100

On 12/16/05, Rein Couperus PA0R <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> I will get hold of an TS950 in the next weeks so I can see if it works
> also with that one. I also get a Microham USB interface for testing...

I got a Microham II USB interface few weeks ago. I had only very
little time to play with it but it did not work for me out of the box.
I am using kernel 2.6.11 and the manual says it works with kernels 2.4
or greater. The rest of the manual, about 97%, talks about how to
install the windows drivers. I think the problem is that the interface
uses the well known FTDI chip, which _is_ supported by the kernel, but
there is still some device info, which needs to be added and it has to
be compiled into the kernel. Without it, the device is not recognised.

Having said that, I'm sure that we will be very glad for it once
someone has made it work. Maybe a patch already exists in a kernel
released "few days ago".

73
Alex OZ9AEC