tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring module

From: David Quental
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] External scoring module
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 20:09:34 +0100

Hello all,

first I'd like to send my thanks to Rein for his effort.
I have started to write an external scoring module in PERL, which makes
is easier to add new contests (it saves 90% of the time, and it reduces
the number of bugs introduced into tlf every time a feature is added :)

The way it is used is simple... Tlf is used to enter the raw exchange,
call check etc... The scoring for the particular contest is done by a
separate program, which can display the score table and the scored file.
This is real time, and the score table will be updated when you delete a
qso from the raw log file. As this is secundary information, it can be
outside the tlf main terminal. It can even show a the list of mults
worked in a separate window.

I tried SPDX-RTTY (mult = country + province) and the IOTA contest,
which both work now.

A sneak preview showing the IOTA is at
http://tlf.wikispaces.com/screens, I will try my hand at a simple GUI
for it during the weekend...

Please send me the list of contests you were not able to configure with
tlf, but always wanted to work, so I can make a 'most wanted' list ;)
Well, in the past I asked you to do rules for NRA contest, at that time we saw that was very dificult to implement them into TLF, so if you do not mind, here it is information, in english, about contest from NRA for 2006:

http://www.nra.pt/En_Main.html

Hams from NRA, mainly from Portuguese Navy, will thank you :) :) ,
tks in advance.

CT1DRB
David Quental

73,