tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] MMTTY plugin for TLF?

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] MMTTY plugin for TLF?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 03:41:01 +0200

With full respect to RTTY contesters, we need first a working contesting program and when we fix all bugs and refine the basic features we have to think about plugins etc.

There is currently no reliable linux contesting software, regardless of the mode. I assume CW would be the easiest way to refine the program, then a voice keyer/recorder which is a must for the SSBers, then other modes... It seems too early to think about RTTY.

BTW a true FSK is a must for RTTY, AFSK or several pseudoFSK options are rather annoying. The same was with Windoze until JE3HHT created MMTTY. My suggestion is to search for a keen programmer who will be able/willing to solve the FSK timing issues and create a true FSK program for Linux.

73
Martin, OK1RR