tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] K3 and tlf - resets bw when changing bands

From: Olaf Devik
Subject: [Tlf-devel] K3 and tlf - resets bw when changing bands
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:55:05 +0200

My K3 combined with tlf/hamlib reads frequency/mode nicely both into cqrlog and to tlf and if necessary simultaneously by use of rigctld daemon. Some hassle to set up as I had to compile hamlib from source, the standard install were not found by tlf unless hamlib was compiled.

My question is as follows, why do the K3 return to a wide bandwidth every time I change bands or turn the vfo outside the bandlimits - this only happens when the k3 is communicating with tlf. There seems to some builtin logic that overrides the bw and resets the bw to approx 1000 hz every time I change band. Is there some logic built into tlf or is this a hamlib issue?

Any suggestions/tips? I only want the pc to read out the qrg and mode and not control anything else than the keying if asked to.

73 de LA3RK - Olaf