tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf&fldigi

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf&fldigi
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:34:53 +0200

Hi Fred,

sorry for the late reply. I was away for some days.

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:24:15 +0000
schrieb FS <address@hidden>:

> Hi Tom et al,
>
> because the CQWW RTTY coming up this weekend i gave TLF and Fldigi a
> try again. My findings are: IF gMFSK.log exists, which is needed for
> Miniterm funcionality in TLF it goes seg fault.

Well, I will have a look into it. Sounds like a classical buffer
overflow, which are deadly now. Just wondering that nobody has found it
until now.

To be honest the miniterm code is mostly the old untouched code from
Rein. I have mainly looked into CW and SSB, so maybe that got
overlooked.

> What remains on the to do list:
> - a new MINITERM in TLF (where to put it?, put callmaster somewhere
> else?)

I think better would be to switch callmaster off when doing RTTY or
move the miniterm down over the bandmap.

> - short gmfsk_autofile to 1 line + CR/LF, now it is 5 lines (4 are
> empty) which causes a lot of scrolling on the RX side

I have to llok into the code to understand that. Let me see.

The segfault should be fixed in the next version. The other two
problems will go to the TODO list.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.
--
"Do what is needful!"