tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF RTTY with Fldigi

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF RTTY with Fldigi
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:39:44 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 09:24:03AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hie Ed, hi Ervin,
>
> Am Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:53:57 +0100
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> > >
> > > I also went back to 2006 and read through some of Rein's post about
> > > using gMFSK. Without the special version of gMFSK that Rein used,
> > > I'm afraid using another verson may not work.
> >
> > that's the main problem: I don't find anywhere that patch(set),
> > so gMFSK is unusable.
>
> Dave, W1HKJ, had a version on his web site with some modifications of
> his own. I just rechecked that - it is gone.
>
> I think it was this version which got him started developing fldigi.

I think we could "drop" the gMFSK, and concentrate to fldigi.

> > At this moment I'm tryin the Fldigi, and looks like that works with
> > same settings like you described above (doh! - fldigi uses gmfsk*
> > prefix... why?)
>
> Just to keep the old interface to tlf working. He is interested in
> dropping that interface and did already in an version last year. I
> asked him to reenable it as long as we have a solution (the socket
> interface I mentioned).

right,

yesterday I explored the write_keyer() function, and I could sent
the QTC from Tlf through fldigi - but I need more time to
understand the whole operation of that to use it safety.

There was some problem with fldigi (and Tlf): I set up the
"interface" in Tlf, and first time it worked correctly.

Then I restarted all of them, but fldigi didn't sent the captured
data to gMFSK.log, and Tlf didn't seem that. I lost about
2 hours with that, and then suddenly started - but I don't know
why and how... (After the restart, the gMFSK.log was empty, but
fldigi showed the received messages in its window).

At this time they works, I can move forward.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS