tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick mode change and other short cuts

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick mode change and other short cuts
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 07:43:24 +0100

Am Thu, 12 Dec 2013 01:07:50 +0000
schrieb FS <address@hidden>:

> I would feel sorry if the decision is now not to do anything because
> saving "important" keys for some unknown function in the future.

Please reread my last letter. I suggested to do no change 'in a hurry'
but to start collecting usage patterns as soon as possible so that we
can decide how to solve the problem.

> I would go for any combination that toggles through the 3 modes. We
> will never find a optimum key for everybody on every international
> keyboard.
>
> When talking about import functions: going through the bandmap with
> CTRL+G in one direction is no good. For assisted contesting this must
> be as handy as possible. What about ALT+arrow up and ALT+arrow down
> to move in both directions through the bandmap?

I must check. If I remeber correct the actual key decoding logic does
not support both key combinations. But let me check again.

The Ctrl+G was kept from Rein's old implementation to have a consistent
interface.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.