tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 11:33:16 +0100

Hello Nate,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 01:51:48PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Hi Mike, et. al.
>
> Hamlib can be used from a Python, Perl, or TCL script and call the
> functions used for calculating azimuth and distance using several
> different location formats.

As I interpreted Mike's e-mail, he wants to use the Tlf "as is",
so he doesn't want to use an external tool to calculate the
points.

When I started to use hamlib (in Python :)), then I see there are
several functions which has not directly connection with RIG. And
now I remember that, therefore I proposed to Mike.

> An example of how Python can be used for these functions can be found in
> the latter part of the following script:

I would skip the usage of Python at this time, I try to help to
Mike to implement this contest scoring in Tlf as natively.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS

--